DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAM
We offer the 40 hour driver education program which prepares new drivers for the Level One (G1) exit test to obtain the G2 licence under the Graduated Licensing System. Our program includes:
- 20 hours of classroom instruction and theory
- 10 hours of flexible homelink activities
- 10 hours (minimum) of private in-car driving instruction
The theory portion of our course is taught by experienced Ontario Certified Teachers with additional Ontario Safety League Driving Instructor and Driver Education Classroom Training, at our new classroom
Albion / Bolton Community Centre
Our popular "Weekender" classes allow students to complete the theory portion of their education in just two weekends! In addition, we offer weekday courses during Christmas Break, March Break, end of June, and at the end of August. For more information, see our schedule or contact us.
Our driving instructors are graduates of the Ontario Safety League Driving Instructor Program and / or Humber College Driver Instructor Program, as approved by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO). Each instructor has many years of experience. Our team includes male and female instructors.
In-car lessons are performed in an instructor's car that features:
- Driving school sign on roof
- Dual brake pedals
- Dual mirrors
- Safety certified and fully insured
Student Certification will be awarded to students who meet the following requirements:
- Attend 100% of the classroom sessions, which must be completed in proper sequence
- Successfully complete all in-car training sessions
- Obtain a minimum of 75% on all classroom tests, assignments and presentations
- Successfully complete all homework activities and turn in their Student Workbook in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a mature, responsible attitude towards driving, both in class and in car
- All program fees are fully paid
A student must complete all of the above requirements within one year in order to be eligible for the MTO Certification which is completed through the MTO. This Certification enables the student to reduce his/her 12-month time period in Level One to just 8 months before trying the Ministry of Transportation Road Test. This is the proof of Certification which insurance companies may request. The amount of any discount will vary according to the policy of your specific insurance company.
To obtain a proof of this Certification, students must request a Driver Licence History Search at a Service Ontario Office (Bolton Office is in The Royal Courtyards) once the Driving School has completed the Certification process through the MTO data base.
Certification must be completed by the Driving School before a Road Test can be booked unless the student has held a G1 licence for 1 full year.
Driving Schools are no longer able to issue a paper MTO Official Certificate to their graduates, as was the practice in previous years.
Graduates who were certified in previous years and lost / misplaced their original certificate, may also request a Driver Licence History Search, as noted above.