Q: What do I need to have before I can start the Hunter Driver Education Course?

A: You can begin the classroom portion at any time. However, you need a valid G1 license before you can begin in-car lessons and complete the full program within one year.


Q: How do I get my G1 License?

A: To get your G1 license you must successfully pass a vision test and a written test that is administered by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation at a DriveTest Centre. The best way to study for the test is to purchase the The Official MTO Driver's Handbook, available from local retail outlets. Once you have studied the book and are confident that you understand all of the information, go to a DriveTest Centre and ask to write your G1 test. The current fee to write the G1 Licence is $158.25 and subject to yearly increases.


Q: Where are the closest Ministry of Transportation Licensing Offices located?

A: Take appropriate ID and visit one of the local DriveTest Centres:

Brampton DriveTest Centre 

59 First Gulf Blvd.  Unit 12 

West of Hwy 410 & South of 

Steeles Ave. behind Home Depot 


Orangeville DriveTest Centre

50 Fourth Avenue

West of Highway 10 Bypass in the

Zehrs Plaza


DriveTest Centres are open Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5:00. No appointments are necessary to write the test but arrive before 4:00. 

Q: Where should I take my G1 Exit test to obtain the G2 licence?

A:  You may take your road test at any DriveTest location in Ontario.

However, our instructors book road tests and take students to the neighbouring centres.

Hunter Driver Education (Driving School)      Bolton, Ontario, Canada      905-857-9122